Fourth Annual Conference of the Royal Musical Association Music and Philosophy Study Group in collaboration with the Music and Philosophy Study Group of the American Musicological Society
Department of Music and Department of Philosophy, King’s College London, Friday and Saturday, 27-28 June 2014
Generously supported by King’s College London and the British Society of Aesthetics.
Keynote speakers include:
• Professor Carolyn Abbate (Harvard University)
• Professor Philip Kitcher (Columbia University)
• Professor Dmitri Tymoczko (Princeton University)
The RMA Music and Philosophy Study Group warmly invites paper submissions for its two-day international conference, to be held in London on 27-28 June 2014. The event, the fourth of an annual series of conferences run by the Study Group, will offer an opportunity for those with an interest in music and philosophy to share and discuss work, in the hope of furthering dialogue in this area. Departing from the practice in previous years, there will not be a conference theme in 2014, in order to allow engagement with the widest possible range of interests. As such, paper submissions on all topics relating to the area of music and philosophy are welcome. Collaboration between persons from different disciplines (including music studies, philosophy, performance, composition, psychology, history, literary studies, art history, anthropology, and others) would be especially welcomed.
Proposals are invited for:
• Individual papers (20 minutes) – up to 350 words
• Collaborative papers (up to 30 minutes) – up to 500 words
• Themed paper sessions of three or four individual (20 minute) papers – up to 350 words per paper plus 350 words outlining the rationale for the session.
• Lecture recitals of 30 minutes – up to 350 words
Please submit proposals by email in a word document attachment: email@example.com
The deadline for proposals is Friday 7 February, 2014.
More information is available on the conference website: http://www.musicandphilosophy.ac.uk/conference-2014/
Any questions, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org