The Birmingham Journal of Literature & Language (BJLL) is an interdisciplinary, peer-reviewed journal published annually, both electronically and in print. It includes submissions from postgraduate students with diverse backgrounds, including specialists Literature and Language from all periods and cultures.
The BJLL is seeking short pieces for inclusion in the ‘Notes’ section for Volume VII. These can be on any topic of academic interest, including (but not limited to):
• short pieces of original research; collaborative research projects;
• ‘notes and queries’
• recent and forthcoming conferences;
• museum exhibitions; library collections; theatre reviews;
• skills training; public engagement and knowledge transfer activities.
• original poems and artwork are also welcome.
Please contact the editors for further information. Submissions and enquiries should be emailed to the General Editors, Emily Buffey and Claire Harrill (firstname.lastname@example.org) by Friday 4 September.
Notes should be 800 to 1,000 words in length including all titles, notes and bibliographies. Notes must adhere to the formatting guidelines given below and conform to MLA citation guidelines (available online).
• Font: Garamond 12pt; Alignment: Justified (body text)
• Page layout: A4, portrait, single column, normal margins
• References: Use (Author, page number) for in-text citations (Smith 27) and include a list of works cited at the end of the article
• Please do not use footnotes and only use endnotes if absolutely necessary
Articles are to be submitted in Microsoft Word format via email to: email@example.com by Friday 4 September 2015.