Institute of Aesthetics and Art Culture
Faculty of Arts of Prešov University & Society for Aesthetics in Slovakia
CfP: Coordinates of Aesthetics, Art and Culture IV: Studying Aesthetics: Aesthetics studies’ concepts, strategies and context in Slovakia and abroad
8 – 9 November 2018
Faculty of Arts of Prešov University
The Coordinates of Aesthetics, Art and Culture IV. Conference provides the interdisciplinary forum for lecturers, academic scientists and researchers concerned with Aesthetics and similar study programmes to create a shared vision for the Aesthetics programme, and to discuss educational goals, the discipline’s structure, teaching strategies, learning materials and the possibilities of educational innovations in the fields of Aesthetics. A dialogue between educators at universities and faculties of arts and researchers concerned with aesthetics and artistic and scientific disciplines education in the Aesthetics programme is keenly encouraged.
Preferred discussion topics:
• existing concepts of the Aesthetics programme, their specific characteristics and future; critical reflection on the programme’s courses structure;
• framework and teaching and learning tools and materials;
• innovative methods and approaches regarding courses in the Aesthetics programme
• possibilities of and problems with introducing new technology to Aesthetics teaching;
• graduate profile and graduate-friendly strategies, the problem of graduate unemployment, and institutional cooperation between higher education institutions and public and private sector cultural and educational institutions;
• the compatibility of the Aesthetics study programme and Art subjects as parts of the school curriculum.
More details on website: https://suradniceestetiky.weebly.com/call-for-participation.html