Performance Philosophy will be 5 years old in September 2017!
To mark this occasion, we are making an open call for new core conveners to expand and enrich the network’s organizational team.
To apply, please submit a personal statement of no more than 1 page outlining your experience in relation to the role description below and ideas of how you might contribute to the future of the organization.
Your statement may be guided by the tasks outlined in this role description, but we would also welcome your perspective on future tasks of conveners and the network as a whole. What should PP be doing that it is not currently doing? How would you, as a convener, support that activity?
Performance Philosophy is an emerging interdisciplinary field of thought, creative practice and scholarship. www.performancephilosophy.org/
Core conveners of Performance Philosophy are volunteer academics, artists and independent researchers who collaborate to support the network’s various activities and develop strategies to guide its future direction.
Conveners communicate throughout the year, primarily via email but also via Skype and in-person meetings at the biennial conference if possible.
Tasks might include:
· administering current network activity and envisioning new initiatives,
· contributing to the PP website and social media platforms,
· acting as an ‘ambassador’ for PP in your local area
· sharing news of current PP activity e.g. journal, conferences, book series
· creative and decision-making work in relation to future directions for the network
· exploring and facilitating collaborations between PP and other organizations, producing CFPs for various network events and activities,
· reaching out to the membership as a whole to survey attitudes and activities,
· planning local events and/or providing support to other PP members to coordinate events.
There is currently no fixed term for core conveners. Conveners can ‘stand down’ from their role at any point.
This call is open to all. You do not need to be affiliated to an institution in order to apply. International and interdisciplinary students of all levels, independent artists and researchers as well as those based in academia and other higher education institutions are all equally invited to submit applications. Whilst many of the current core conveners are broadly based in Theatre and Performance Studies and Philosophy, applications are welcomed from those based in any of the diverse range of disciplinary areas related to Performance Philosophy.
Currently we have English as our shared language. However we very much welcome non-native speakers as we continue to explore multi-lingual activities.
Applications will be considered by a committee of current conveners on the basis of:
– Quality of personal statement
– Evidence of prior engagement with Performance Philosophy (awareness of the nature of the network and past activities, debates etc.)
– A good level of competence in written English.
Please submit your application by email to Laura Cull Ó Maoilearca: email@example.com by Friday 16th June.
Applications will be considered during the biennial conference in Prague and decisions communicated by the beginning of July, with a view to new conveners taking on the role from September 2017.